Careers and Internships
Normandy Farm is seeking qualified individuals who are interested in working in an upscale hospitality environment. An exemplary work ethic, meticulous attention to detail and a passion for providing superior customer service are necessary for all applicants. Applicants with experience working for first-class hospitality organizations strongly considered. Open positions will be posted on an on-going basis.
Please email a cover letter and resume to:
HR Director/Corporate Culture
Front Office Manager
Reports to: General Manager
Supervises Directly: All front office, PBX, and Reservations,
Purpose for the Position: To assume full and direct responsibility for the management of the day-to-day and long-term hotel rooms division, to include all departments outlined above. To work with the General Manager to ensure an efficient operation that provides levels of service that consistently exceeds visitor, guest, management and ownership expectations.
Front Office Manager:
- To ensure that guests are greeted, checked in and allocated rooms promptly and courteously.
- To ensure that check-in procedures are strictly adhered to and that the correct address and charge out details are obtained from each guest.
- To be readily available at all times to deal with problems or complaints.
- To ensure that rooms have been serviced and maintained to the standards established by the Company.
- To ensure maximum room occupancy within agreed overbooking policy.
- To ensure effective liaison between reservations and front office staff with other departments (e.g. housekeeping).
- To ensure that all charges are correctly entered on the guest’s bill and that this is up to date at all times.
- To ensure that credit control procedures are strictly adhered to, that no bills exceed the stipulated limit without prior approval and that written confirmation, purchase orders, or order numbers are on file.
- To ensure that accounts are balanced daily.
- To ensure effective and speedy check-out procedures.
- To ensure that luggage is delivered to and collected from rooms speedily.
- To ensure that enquiries, messages, theatre bookings are dealt with courteously and efficiently.
- To ensure that all Front of House staff are correctly dressed at all times.
- To ensure that all Front of House areas are clean and orderly at all times.
- To ensure that newspapers and parcels are delivered to rooms without delay.
- To ensure that incoming and outgoing telephone calls are handled promptly and courteously.
- To ensure maximum security of all items left in safety deposit boxes.
- To carry out systematic checks of all Front of House areas for maintenance requirements, repairs or refurbishing, ensuring that these are acted on without delay.
- To hold regular performance appraisals with all staff, identifying areas for development and training needs and ensuring that training is effected
- To carry out or ensure that regular On-the-Job training is taking place to agreed standards.
- To hold regular meetings with all Heads of Department.
- To ensure that manning levels are correct and these are not exceeded without permission.
- To ensure that the most suitably qualified person is appointed in the event of a vacancy – wherever possible this should be an internal promotion.
- To ensure maximum security in all areas under your control.
- To act as Duty Manager when required.
- To attend Management Meetings as required.
Front Desk Agent
Front Desk Agents are responsible for providing a five-star welcome and departure experience to each guest, as well as, serving as ambassadors throughout the guest’s stay. Front Desk Agents make the first impression upon our guests by extending a warm welcome, providing information about the hotel and local area, and offering our full range of upscale hotel amenities and services to them. Front Desk Agents are also responsible for settling guest accounts upon check-out, resolving guest issues and completing special requests. They work closely with all hotel departments especially our Concierge, Bell-Door and Ideal Services teams. This position must be flexible on holidays, AM & PM shifts, including weekends.
-Ability to clearly and pleasantly communicate both verbally and in writing in English with guests, management and co-workers, both in person and by telephone
– Ability to accurately and efficiently input information into computer systems
– Ability to work cohesively with co-workers both within and outside of your department
– Ability to compute accurate mathematical calculations
– Ability to think clearly, quickly and make concise decisions
– Ability to prioritize, organize and follow up
– Ability to work well under pressure, dealing with many arrivals and departures within a short period
– Previous customer service experience
– Previous hotel front desk experience is strongly preferred
– Previous cashiering experience is preferred
– Fluency in a foreign language is preferred
– Previous guest relations training is preferred
Banquet/Restaurant Servers (Normandy Farm Hotel & Conference Center)
Full Time – Compensation negotiable based on experience
Part Time – $12 per hour
The Banquet Server is responsible for providing efficient and courteous service to our guests. The server will provide our guests with hospitality providing prompt, efficient service of food and beverages in accordance with hotel policies and banquet event order standards.
– Greets guests in a positive manner
– Performs necessary tasks to service guests and is able to handle all guest requests
– Maintains guest’s event area in clean and neat manner
– Monitors guest needs on a continual basis ensuring all requests will be promptly fulfilled
– Guides the quest through all phases of their experience in the banquet or event
– Sets up, monitors, refreshes and breaks down coffee breaks, receptions and buffet tables for specific group functions
– Opens and serves wine or alcoholic beverages as requested
– Promptly removes dishes as guests complete their meal during any meeting or function
– Resets banquet rooms in preparation for the next function
– Effectively communicates with the kitchen, catering coordinate and banquet staff
– Assists other banquet personnel with maintenance (side work, opening/closing duties ) as necessary
– Knowledge of all liquor brands, beers, non alcoholic selections, correct glassware and garnishes
– Bartending for Banquet Functions
– Familiar with various types of services — plated, buffet, working lunches, etc.
– Promotes a memorable service experience
– Maintains a safe and sanitary work environment
– Able to work under pressure
– Flexible availability and willing to do shift work
– Available to work weekends and holidays
– Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written
– May be required to lift up to 25 lbs and the ability to stand for extended periods of time
– Ability to work in a team environment
– Neat, well groomed, well-spoken and professional
Please email a cover letter and resume to:
Director Of Personnel